Name and location of repository
Level of description
Name of creator
Content and structure elements
Scope and content
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use elements
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Languages of the material
Scripts of the material
Language and script notes
Acquisition and appraisal elements
Immediate source of acquisition
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information
Related materials elements
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related archival materials
While the creator of this collection is unknown, each scrapbook was originally donated to the Chicago Historical Society by a different individual, as listed below (names appear exactly as written in scrapbooks):
Scrapbook 1: Mrs. Frederic C. Lawrence in March 1964
Scrapbook 2: Mrs. Edwin L. Brand in May 1956
Scrapbook 3: Dewey A. Ericsson, February 1970
Description control element
Rules or conventions
Subject access points
- Spanish-American War, 1898.
- Spanish-American War, 1898--Campaigns.
- Spanish-American War, 1898--Causes.
- Spanish-American War, 1898--Journalists.
- Spanish-American War, 1898--Newspapers.
- Newspapers--United States.
- War--Press coverage--Government policy--United States.
- Spanish-American War, 1898--Press coverage--United States.